Spanish Fork Canyon to Bonneville Shoreline

I found a way to connect to the Bonneville Shoreline Trail from Highway 6, at the mouth of Spanish Fork Canyon.  Just east of the monstrous windmills you will see a horseshoe pull-off on the left (north). There is a vague, steep and rocky double track trail that climbs to a power line trail.  It's just over 1/4 mile to the trail (.29 to be exact).  This is a good, wide roller coaster trail that goes for about 4 miles until it meets Mapleton Canyon.  I turned around about half way to Mapleton.

You can see that I originally started at the first pull-off on the right.  After a short run along the highway, I realized connecter trail was a little farther up the road.  You can't miss the horseshoe pull-off on the north. 

I wish I had taken a camera with me.  The view looking down SF Canyon at the windmills, and the valley all the way to Utah Lake was pretty spectacular.  The frigid canyon wind was not as enjoyable. Kevin Rowe was kind enough to give me permission to use his photo (below). This picture looks like it was taken from the pull-off at the trailhead.

Photo by Kevin Rowe: Kevinrowephotography.com. Used with permission

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hidden Oak Trail - Above Spanish Fork Reservoir

Tower Mountain (Water Canyon to Dixon Peak)

Trail 051 - Orem Water Tower / Dry Canyon Loop, 7.1